Educational Psychologist Assessments

If you have been affected by this issue please fill out this Survey Monkey, which will take between 5/10 minutes.




What’s the issue?

As a UK student, if you are diagnosed as having Dyslexia, ADHD, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia or another Specific learning difficulty, you can access support from the government and the University. However, to access this support, you must first be formally assessed by an Educational Psychologist.

These diagnostic assessments cost hundreds of pounds and we are exploring whether students are pushed into economic hardship or don’t seek disability support as a result of the high-cost.

University of Liverpool offers means-tested support for students via the Hardship Fund for Educational Psychologist Assessments. Other Universities such as Sheffield, UCL and Queen Mary fund the full cost of Educational Psychologist Assessments for any student seeking support.