Crisis Action Team Member
About organisation / project
Crisis Skylight Merseyside is an outreach service that works with homeless and vulnerably housed people.
We operate within hostels, day centres and other locations in local communities across Liverpool, St. Helens and Birkenhead.
We offer practical and creative classes in supportive and inspiring environments, together with formal learning opportunities that lead to qualifications and jobs. The overall aim of our work is to support individuals in their journey towards independence.
Crisis wouldn't be able to change so many lives without the support and commitment of volunteers throughout the year. More than 10,000 people give their time, energy and skills to help us deliver our services, campaign, fundraise and provide administrative and IT support.
Volunteers at Crisis are involved in everything from providing on-going one-to-one support for our homeless clients, to raising much needed funds, to being a trustee on our Board, to running our centres over Christmas. All these roles make a world of difference.
What you will gain
- Experience communicating with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Training suitable to your role
- Learning more about homelessness and the charity sector
- Getting involved in ending homelessness and seeing how you have personally contributed
- The opportunity to be part of an influential network of volunteers and meet new people
- The opportunity to be one of the first to hear stories about Crisis’ life changing work
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Giving awareness raising talks to interested groups, schools and colleges.
- Helping to promote our fundraising events and activities
- Helping to deliver fundraising activity
- Supporting 50th anniversary events
- Liaising with your Crisis Action Team Leader about planned talks and developing new opportunities to raise awareness of homelessness
- Provide feedback on talks and notifying your Crisis Action Team Leader about new opportunities for fundraising
- Working with our media team to ensure that maximum awareness is raised about Crisis, our campaigns and our 50th year
- Keep up to date with Crisis’ key messages, fundraising initiatives and news
The skills & experience we are looking for
- Friendly, positive and confident in talking to a range of people and happy to answer questions from an audience
- Passionate about ending homelessness
- Flexibility and an ability to undertake a range of tasks
- Ability to follow guidance but also take the initiative when required
- Enthusiasm, patience and respect for others
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
Additional information Hide[-]
Crisis Action Team Member
• Giving awareness raising talks to interested groups, schools and colleges.
• Helping to promote our fundraising events and activities
• Helping to deliver fundraising activity
• Supporting 50th anniversary events
• Liaising with your Crisis Action Team Leader about planned talks and developing new opportunities to raise awareness of homelessness
• Provide feedback on talks and notifying your Crisis Action Team Leader about new opportunities for fundraising
• Working with our media team to ensure that maximum awareness is raised about Crisis, our campaigns and our 50th year
• Keep up to date with Crisis’ key messages, fundraising initiatives and news
Planning and organising
Creative and design
Skill to gain
Administration and Clerical
When can you do this role/Calendar
Minimum commitment level: