CAFOD stands for the Catholic Agency For Overseas Development. We are an international development charity and the official aid agency of the Catholic Church in England and Wales.
We stand beside people living in poverty – whatever their religion or culture. Through local Church partners, we help people directly in their own communities, and campaign for global justice, so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Our office in Old Swan, Liverpool covers the Archdiocese in Liverpool. We have a friendly work environment that includes staff and volunteers alike, from students to older volunteers from all backgrounds. We are always looking for new volunteers and offer exciting opportunities for people to make a difference.
The Campaign Volunteer Co-ordinator is key to ensuring our campaigning impact and engagement is as high as possible at a local level. You will support and motivate a dedicated network of Campaign Volunteers in your local area. This is a rewardnig opportunity for people with a passion for encouraging others and making a real difference.
What will I be doing?
What skills do I need?
· The most important thing is that you have a commitment and passion for CAFOD’s work and values.
· Being friendly and welcoming with good interpersonal skills and enjoying supporting others
· A creative approach and flexible attitude
· An interest in campaigning and current affairs will go a long way
· Some comfort with basic IT, especially email – but being willing to learn is the main thing
· Be organised, accurate and show attention to detail
What support will I receive?
· A named CAFOD volunteer manager who will work closely with you to ensure you have the information and resources you need.
· Induction into CAFOD’s work and regular briefing meetings to keep you updated
· the Campaigns Team, who will give you a good understanding of the campaigns priorities each quarter.
· Meetings with other Campaign Volunteer co-ordinators twice a year, with an optional monthly top-up by webinar.
· Day to day support will be provided by your Community participation coordinator who will make sure you’re well integrated with the diocesan plans.
· Reimbursement of travel and other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
What are the benefits to me?
· You will know you are making an important contribution to creating lasting change through our campaigning work, helping Catholics of all ages to participate where they are
· The role will be satisfying and enjoyable; you have the opportunity to meet other committed people and be a valued part of a friendly team of staff and volunteers working closely together
· You will be able to use and develop your administrative, IT, people and communications skills
· Through CAFOD you will be part of a global movement building a more just world for all
· You will gain valuable work experience in a professional environment
Minimum commitment level: Twice a month
Start Date: 29-09-2019
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 05:00 PM