- Attend the training provided by the Guild of Students. This will give you a chance to develop your ideas on collecting student feedback, and you’ll find out about all the support and advice we can offer you.
- Actively find out the issues affecting students on your course. This involves effective communication.
- Meet with your Head of Department and identify an area where your programme is not doing as well as it should be, or an area where you would be interested to find out whether or not students are satisfied with their learning experience.
- Attend the relevant Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC) and discuss any issues/ changes to the course. Again, this is discussed further below.
- Attend an agenda setting meetings for students before the SSLC.
- Attend any other relevant committees in your Faculty or School. This will depend on your Faculty but some reps will be asked to sit on some school and faculty committees to ensure that the student voice is represented higher up the structure. This can form part of your Enhancement Activity and help you towards accreditation for the HEAR.