- One in five LGB and one in three trans students have experienced bullying or harassment on their campus. (NUS, 2014)
- Students who have experienced a form of homophobic/biphobic/transphobic harassment are 2-3 times more likely to consider leaving their course and over a half of trans respondents seriously considered dropping out of their course (NUS, 2014).
- Around a third of LGBTQ+ students report not feeling confident reporting any homophobic/ biphobic/ transphobic bullying to university staff (Stonewall, 2018).
- 42% of LGBT students hid or disguise that they are LGBT at university because they were afraid of discrimination (Stonewall, 2018).
- Half of BAME LGBT people (51%) face discrimination within the LGBT community (Stonewall, 2018)
The LGBTQ+ network exists to offer a safe space for self-defining LGBTQ+ students to socialise, campaign & discuss the issues that affect the community.